SD card speed test tool helps you to check either your newly purchase SD card is fake or real. SD or Micro SD cards are used widely for storage purposes.
After purchasing an SD card, we all wonder how fast is the product as various fake SD cards from no-name brands are sold on the internet and reputed shopping websites.
That’s why it is necessary for you as a buyer to take the SD Card Speed Test to avoid getting scammed through a fake SD card.
Are you wondering how to test the speed of your SD card? And what tools to use for the same? Then your search ends right here.
As in this article, we will be discussing the five best free SD card speed test tools. You can format your newly buying SD card with the help of SD card formatter to check it is fake or real!
What is SD Card Speed Test?
We use SD Cards in various devices such as; cameras, phones, the Nintendo Switch, and Dashcams. Various SD cards are available in the market, and each of them has different read and write speeds.
The speed of the SD card is quite important as if you put a high-speed SD card in a slow camera, it might not function properly.
To avoid this, you can always use a free memory card tester tool on your Android, Windows PC, and Mac.
How Does an SD Card Speed testing Tool Work?
The speed class ratings of a Minco SD card depend on the standardization of data transfer speeds set by the SDA or SD Card Association.
One should never trust the read and write speed claimed by the company as one might get scammed because they often charge less price for good products. So we should always check the device before purchasing it by downloading any of the below-mentioned free SD card tester tools.
You only have to insert a Micro SD card into your PC or mobile and hit start; always remember to run the test a few times to get consistent results.
5 Best SD Card Speed Test Tools to Use in 2021
1. BlackMagic Disk Speed Test
Black Magic Disk Speed Test is an excellent SD card speed test tool that verifies the speed of the SD card but takes time to read and write large blocks of data to a storage device.
If you own a Mac and want to check the speed of your SD card, then the Black Magic Disk Speed Test is the best free tool available for the same.
This utility tool works best to identify fake SD cards and test the speed of large drives. It is best suited for people who work with large files such as audio & video clips.
How Does BlackMagic Work?
Follow the steps to operate this easy-to-use tool to check the speed of an SD card in a Mac device:
- Download and Install the Black Magic Disk Speed Test from the Mac App Store.
- Launch the app from the applications folder or use launchpad on the Dock for the same.
- Above the start button on the app, click on the gear icon, i.e., the settings option.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the Select Target Drive option.
- A finder screen will open, and from its left panel, you can choose the Mac Volume or the disk you want to test.
- Again, click on the Settings button and select the size of the stress file ranging from 1GB to 5 GB that the app will use.
- After following the above steps click on the start button and wait till the information loads on the screen.
H2testw is a compact utility tool used for testing the speed of SD cards and their read and write capacity. This free memory card tester tool made by the German Developers is the best one to check the correct storage space of memory drives.
The only disadvantage you will face is that it does not work for large-capacity drives and takes a little longer to complete the test as its software has not been optimized.
Moreover, it saves oneself from getting scammed by fake SD cards circulating in the market.
How Does H2testw Work?
Follow these steps to run the tool to check the speed and capacity of an SD card:
- Download and install the H2testw software from the internet.
- After opening the application, specify the folder where you want the files to be written and click on the ‘Target’ button.
- Set the data according to your choice.
- Finally, select the ‘Write+Verify” option to check the speed of the SD card.
USBDeview is a portable tool by Nirsoft that provides access to find all the USB devices connected to the PC and test the speed of the SD/Micro SD Card.
This small utility tool allows taking the USB speed test and lists all the currently connected and previously used USB devices.
The software displays information such as; description & name of the device, type of device, serial number, date & time of adding the device, product ID, vendor Id, and more.
USBDeview also allows the user to disconnect, disable, enable, and uninstall the USB devices on the computer.
How Does USBDeview Work?
To take the speed test of Flash Drive, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Download the USBDeview software from the internet on a windows device.
- Select the item you want to test from the main window.
- From the file menu, choose the ‘Speed Test’ option or press Ctrl+T.
- The ‘Speed Test Dialog Box’ will appear, verify the selected drive letter, and press the ‘Start button. It will automatically start to read and write a 100 MB file and display exact scores.
- You can also publish results by clicking on the ‘Publish Test Results’ option and tick the box to agree to publish results.
Another simple tool for testing the speed of the SD card device is Speed Out. This easy to run tool quickly measures the read and write speed of the SD card and flash drive.
Speed Out the SD card checker tool runs the programs at a low level, i.e., its scores are not affected by the drive file system.
It does not overwrite any files, and the SD card also does not need any formatting to run the test, as it is a non-destructive tool.
How Does SpeedOut Work?
Follow the below-mentioned steps to check the speed of the SD card through Speed Out.
- Download the Speed Test software for PC from the internet.
- Choose the USB Drive whose speed you want to test from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the start button, and it will run four passes of both reading and writing tests and show the average of each in a dialogue box.
- You can also copy or save the results by right-clicking on the title bar.
ChipGenius is an excellent tool for users to differentiate between the original and fake SD cards floating in the market.
By using this SD card test, users will come to know whether the price they have paid for the SD card is worth it or not.
This tool does not write any data at all; its job is to locate the information of the manufacturer and storage information of the SD card. Then it cross-checks the information with the database and displays the findings to you once the procedure is done.
This fast working tool can only track poorly programmed SD cards as the tricksters nowadays know how to cover the tracks.
How Does ChipGenius Work?
To check the authenticity of your SD card or flash drive from Chip Genius, follow the below-mentioned steps
- Download and install the Chip Genius program from the internet.
- Connect the device that you want to test to the USB port of the computer.
- Open the Chip Genius program, and you will get all the information about the corrupt device, such as; USB device Id, device vendor, product model, etc.
- And you can compare all the details yourself as mentioned on the product and the chip genius program.
After reading and analyzing all the pros, cons, and usage steps of the five best SD card speed test tools in the list given above, you can easily choose one of them according to your need to check the speed and authenticity of the SD card.
According to us, if you work with large files, the best tool for speed testing of the SD card is the Black Magic Disk Speed Test tool.
But if storing large files is not your specification, you should go for an easy-to-use compact utility tool, i.e., the H2testw tool designed by German developers.